Since the start of the pandemic, all Thriving Places efforts in Govanhill have been in direct response to the crisis. Although the lockdown measures have eased now, the virus is still here, and a second wave may be expected in Autumn. We have secured emergency funding from the Supporting Communities Fund to create a part-time role of a Community Engagement Worker to support the Community Connector until the end of October. This additional capacity will allow us to meet the community’s needs and provide key support structures in Govanhill.
The ideal candidate will have experience in delivering projects, a positive attitude and the ability to manage their own workload. The ability to speak a community language would be an advantage!
- The postholder will work for up to 21 hrs per week until 31st October 2020 at a rate of £10 per hour.
- Applications will be welcomed from anyone with the necessary skills and experience. We will consider those who wish to be temporarily seconded from another organisation and applicants who wish to job share. The post may also appeal to those who are self-employed and wish to carry out the role on that basis.
- The ideal candidate will have experience in delivering projects, a positive attitude and the ability to manage their own workload. The ability to speak a community language would be an advantage!
- The postholder should be available to start immediately, or as soon as possible in August.
- Closing date: Thursday, 13th of August at 10 am. Interviews will be held at the beginning of the following week.
More details about this position, along with information about how to apply can be found here